Saturday, October 2, 2010

More ink


I drew some of these while watching movies-- "Pale Rider", "Blood of Dracula", and "Baby Doll". I think I drew directly in ink for all.





I wish I was better at this type of drawing scenes from our everyday life. Anthony Z is the master; I just humbly follow his lead...





"Blood of Dracula"! I think this was a Hammer film from 1958. Maybe I should draw more Halloween themed stuff and post it this month?



This was a frame I re-drew in ink, from a vampire movie I worked on called "Let Me In". After I saw it, I thought "why didn't I light the scene like that in my crappy storyboards?" I remember drawing that scene on the airplane back from New Mexico. I was drawing in a very light, tentative pencil line. I am trying to stop that bad habit...
Making weak drawings like that makes me feel ashamed like the frame below from Woody Allen's "Crimes & Misdemeanors"!




Some babe from TV. I kinda changed her into a spy girl from a 60's movie or something. I have never been very good at drawing pretty women. Gotta practice drawing the babes... Eric Ramsey is the master; I just humbly follow!




I actually got a sorta likeness of the great Karl Malden. I guess with a nose and hairline like that it shouldn't be too difficult.



Not a great drawing, but I am trying to force myself to "draw what I see, not what I think I see" (thanks Spark for that advice). In this case I was going to be timid about using black for the windows and doors. Not even sure why, but here I fought it!


Lovely Los Angeles, California skyline.


Trying to get a Noel Sickles type effect for the trees, using a pen rather than a brush.


The more finished drawing I actually penciled out roughly, then inked.

2 comments:

  1. fantastic! i really like those soccer ones at the bottom....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definitely this type of blogs are really help for people great job.
    book storyboard

    ReplyDelete